Classes

Unfortunately I have to take class while I am onboard. I am taking the following classes
 Classes are divided up between A and B days. I have 2 classes on each day so it shouldn't be too bad. We don't have class the days that we are in port.

CHED #COURSE #CREDITSTITLEFACULTYDAY/TIME
00021COMM 38453FOUNDATIONS OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESSWHEATON SCHLANDERB 1045 - 1200 
00015COMM 4690-23INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENTWHEATON SCHLANDERB 1455 - 1610
0001SEMS 1010-13GLOBAL STUDIES (A DAY)WINCHESTERA 0920 - 1035

00058SEMS 2559-143INTERNATIONAL SERVICE LEARNING (SECTION 1)STRENECKYA 1335 - 1450



If you really want to learn more about my classes you can click here.

The weird thing is that there is a class called The US South. 
Focusing not on the history of the US South but on the complexity, of its culture, this course will study 

the US South as a global south or an Atlantic world South that has been shaped and continues to be 

influenced by Caribbean, Latin American, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, Middle Eastern, and North 

African, as well as European and American Indian peoples and cultures. We will explore traditions 

reflected in the art and architecture, language and literature, folklore, film and theater, music, and 

religion, as we visit the countries that have contributed to the complex creole that is the American South 

and that continues to evolve as a consequence of globalization. 


For some reason I really want to sit in on this class just to see what it is like. Seeing how I will be in the minority on SAS since I am from the South (most of the people are from the west coast or New England. There are barely more people from the Southeast, which also includes Puerto Rico, then there are international students) I wonder what people think about the south. I really just can't believe that that is actually a class.


0 Responses