Update

It has been quite a while since I updated. Things have been crazy since I left disney with the houseboat and the beach. So here is everything that has happened since. After I applied for my scholarships, I managed to get a Work Study Scholarship within the Student Life Department onboard. It is a $4,000 scholarship so that brought the total $19,395. So that was still good, but not great. Then when we got back from the houseboat, I got a e-mail saying that I also received a $7,000 grant through WKU and ISE so that is pretty much amazing. So then that brings the total to $12,395. So that was a very nice surprise. It turns out that Professor Strenecky has pulled some strings at WKU and is running SAS through the honors college and there are going to be about 10 people going from WKU this fall and the grant I got is only for this semester. I guess it is an incentive to get people to go. 
I also recently registered for my trips in country. I had to register for the trips in Spain and Morocco and all other overnight trips. There is a possibility that I couldn't get some of the trips that I wanted so I will wait until I find out for sure what I get. 
I have yet to book my trip to Halifax, but Carley and I are trying to figure out how to split a hotel room, but I have to check in a day before her because of the work study scholarship and now Dad told me that he may try and come with me. That would be fun. 
I talked to Shashank and we are meeting up in India and going to the Taj. So that should be fun. So I guess that is pretty much it until I find out what trips I get. 
0 Responses