"It's Made of Magic and Unicorns"

Rosario and I got up and went to breakfast before jumping on the 9am shuttle to Accra. Jennifer was supposed to go on trip to an orphanage, but there were so many time changes that she got mixed up and missed her bus, so she joined us in Accra. It took about 30-45 minutes to get to Accra. Once there we headed back to Global Mamas to grab a last few items. Kelsey was on the bus with us, but she got really sick on the way into Accra so she gave me her last cedi and grabbed her a few things at Global Mamas.
We went back to the gas station and met back up with Margaret. It was so good to see someone from home. I met her boyfriend Jacob and we walked around Accra. We were on mission for stickers, a soccer jersey, a thimble, and chocolate. Before we could start our mission, it started down pouring so we ducked into a building. We were inside a South African cell phone store and while we were there we found out about a place to eat. We found this little restaurant and had foufou and bankou for lunch. I am really glad that I don’t have to live off of Ghanaian food. I had bankou and it is like a corn meal type ball that you tear off pieces and dip it in this soup. It was really good, but I would get tired of it REALLY quickly. Jacob got us these vanilla yogurt ice cream things. They were so good! One thing I love about Ghana is that everything comes in these pouches. Water, ice cream, OJ, alcohol. You just rip off the corner with your teeth and enjoy. It is actually really helpful and a lot less messy. They should really start doing that in the US.
After lunch we continued our quest for stickers, and a thimble, but we were unsuccessful. We did, however, find a soccer jersey and chocolate. Jacob really likes to bargain so we just let him handle everything. I wish I could just like put him in my back pocket and let him do all my bargaining from here on out. I am such a terrible bargainer and then I feel bad so basically India is just going to be one big epic fail for me.
Eventually, we had to say goodbye. I got on the bus, but I really didn’t want to leave. I just wanted to stay in Ghana with Margaret for another week or so. Because of traffic we didn’t end up getting back to Tema for another 2 hours. I sat next to a kid from USD. I am sure he got everyone’s nerves because he was playing the drum he bought really loud, but I thought it was funny. He and his friend provided entertainment all the way back.
Once back on the ship we had dinner and got our laundry ready. I am really proud of myself about how much laundry I was able to fit in my laundry bag. I ended up with 3 dresses, 1 sweatshirt, 12 t-shirts, 6 pairs of shorts, 4 pairs of socks and 2 pairs of pants. Mackenzie came over and we moved the mattress from our extra bed and put it in between our beds. We had a slumber party and fell asleep watching Two Weeks Notice.




0 Responses