Post Mauritius

I feel like Mauritius is a country we can all learn from. Because of their sugar production and colonization they have a very diverse people. They all have different religions, but yet they all live in peace. There are not many places that are like that.
Mauritius was beautiful, but not as nice as I was expecting. I looked at everyone else’s pictures of the beach and they were awesome so clearly I was just at the wrong beach.
I had a blast in Mauritius. The adventure park with Dr. Aimee, Kara and Louise has been one of my favorite memories to date. Even though I was covered with bruises and sore as hell the next day, I feel like I really bonded with the people I was with and I talked to people I probably would have never talked to.
I also learned more about sugar than I even though I would. It is amazing to me how much they are able to get out of a sugar cane plant. There are over 40 different kinds of sugar cane plant harvested to produce 8 different kinds of sugar. They also produce rum. Then what they have left from that they burn to use as energy and make ethanol. They also use the leaves from the plant as thatch for roofs. It is really quite ridiculous.
We were also there during Divali, which is a festival of lights and like the Indian New Year. I wish we could have stayed there to see it.
Overall, I really like Mauritius and I think it would be a good place to  honeymoon. But it was a nice break from crazy merchants and poverty. I feel like it allowed us to all return to sanity – especially with India up next.



1 Response
  1. wow it's great that you relly enjoyed it there..