Aloha Hawaii

12.08.09

Today we pulled back into Honolulu. I was debating what I was going to do because I really needed to get my portfolio done for service learning. I ended up taking the bus with Katie and Ashley to Waikiki. They headed for the beach and I went walking around. My goal was to find some internet. I really wanted to chill out. I went walking around and ended up finding and strip mall type thing. There were all these shops in an outdoor area. Wouldn’t you know that I found a Boarders Express. It didn’t have wi-fi, but it did have books of course. I ended up sitting down and reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, which is the sequel to The Hunger Games. I got a good way through it, but then decided to go walk around. I went to a couple places and tried to find internet, but I was unsuccessful. While I was wondering around, Katie and Ashley called and I met them at Cheesecake Factory.

The food was delicious. The portions are SO big, but it was SO good! It is so nice to have good fresh food again. We were stuffed after lunch and Katie and Ashley headed back to the beach and I went back to walking around. I ended up going back to Boarders and my goal was to finish the book before I had to meet up with Ashley and Katie. I got really close. I was only about 70 pages away and it was terrible because I got about 70 pages away.

I met back up with them at 4 at the International Market. I had walked through there earlier and it was huge. I also felt a lot more comfortable there because people spoke all different languages and you could bargain. I am really going to have a hard time when we get back and I am not going to be able to bargain. We got lost within the place. After we had exhausted the market and pointed out where we had seen everything in other countries, we thought it best to head back to the ship.

We made it back to the ship and changed and what not. Katie and I decided to meet up at 7 (on ship time was 9) to find some last minute food. We really wanted to go to Subway and there are about 4 within the port area. By the time we made it off the ship it was about 1915 and EVERY Subway we came upon was closed. We went to our last ditch effort of McDonalds and that was even close. What fast food restaurants close at 7? We had to admit defeat and ended up buying dinner up on 7th deck. It was a slightly disappointing end to Hawaii.

The rest of the night I worked on my portfolio. I met up with the group and we finished a couple of chapter, but we got a little distracted by You Tube on Becky’s phone. It is weird to have internet readily available. I really have no idea what to do with it. Around 2 I thought it best to go to bed.

0 Responses