NO MORE GLOBAL!!

12.3.09

Since the auction, there hasn’t been too much excitement on the ship. We land in Honolulu tomorrow so that is pretty exciting. We had a play on the ship. They performed Dog Sees God. It is about the cast of Peanuts and they are all grown up and in high school. The cast did a fabulous job. Monica was hilarious as Charlie Brown’s sister (I want to go from a caterpillar to a platypus.) Benno was in it as Schroder or aka Beethoven. His character his gay, which Benno is. I was shocked because the guy playing Charlie Brown made out with Benno. That is so awesome. The play has terrible language and full of drugs and sex and controversy, but a great message. It was a bold choice and it turned out really well. Also, Benno found out that he was cast as Angel in the San Francisco’s production of Rent. He is going to be fabulous. Although, I never heard Beeno sing, but I imagine that he is pretty good.

That night I had my first special occasion dinning experience with my family. It was great. The Orris’ had a “Keep the Orris’ Hip List.” I am going to make them some CDs. I went directly from dinner to the play.

We had our last official day of class, besides our final. We gave a presentation in service learning to Dr. Burn, the new VP of ISE, explaining why we think service learning should be on every voyage of SAS. I think we convinced her pretty well. She said she was skeptical until about ½ way through. After she left, Dr. Strenecky and Dr. B gave these speeches about how much this class has meant to them and how great we have been. By the end of it, pretty much everyone was in tears. Well, at least everyone around me (Mackenzie)

Today was also our Global Studies final! It wasn’t as confusing as the mid-term. I say that, but I will probably do worse. That is usually how it goes. I am just glad that I am done with global FOREVER!

We had our logistical and cultural preports. They had such potential to be fun, but they were just really boring. The just droned on and on. I am still excited to see land tomorrow. And I will have my cellphone back. That will be weird. We had a huge game of pish-posh up on 7th deck to celebrate being done with global and for being in Hawaii tomorrow.

0 Responses