B Day Finals

12.11.09

I woke up this morning and studied for my Dr. Aimee finals. I made note cards and before I knew it, it was time to take the test. I went to the union and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I grabbed lunch with Mackenzie afterward and then I had to go study for my other final. When I finished my note cards, I went and studied them on Deck 6. After going through them, I started reading this book called Obedience by William Lavendar. It is the craziest book ever. I got completely sucked into it.

I took my second test and when I was done, Dr. Aimee showed me that I got a 92 on my first final! Woo Hoo! That is pretty exciting. They also posted the Global Studies Final and I got a C, which is all that I was aiming for, so I guess that is a bonus. I am DONE with school! That is a pretty crazy feeling. It all went by so quickly!

I spent the rest of the day finishing up packing and then I got dinner with Katie. Mackenzie, Katie and I started a game of Monopoly before the logistical pre-port. During the pre-port, they went over the information for the disembarkation process. Turns out that the Arabian Sea is 5th off rather than the last one as I was expecting. Karen kind of made fun of the US culture during preport. Just the language we use and the way we get around. Then Dean Nick got up and showed the SAS promotional video, a video that I watched a ton before I left. And now the thing moved me to tears. Mackenzie, Katie and I were crying by the end of it. Especially when they got to the part about the students coming home and seeing their parents at the dock. It just kind of hit all of us that we are going to be going through the same thing in about 3 days. Everyone in the union was pretty quiet afterward. Dean Nick closed it out and everyone kind of hung out in the Union and Bryan, Jeremy, Ken and Eben were running around tackling people in a hug. Tonight I think it was hitting everyone that this is coming to an end.

We came back and finished our Monopoly game. I didn’t do so hot again. I was all settled in after the game to go to bed, but then Rosario and Erica, Jennifer and Robyn came in and we played a game of pish posh.

0 Responses