POST JAPAN

Japan is the only country that we have visited that I would actually consider living in (okay maybe South Africa too). Kyoto in a weird way felt like Nashville. The whole country had this whole just laid-back, but still fast paced feel about it. That makes no sense, but I really have no way to describe it. There are tons of people, but you hardly see anyone. Everyone is also really quiet. I think that would be the only part that would really bother me. That would be the American coming out in me. We, as a people, really dislike silence and we think we need to fill it. It is just down right eerie how quiet they are on the trains. The other downside of Japan would be how expensive it is, but assuming that hopefully I would have at least a somewhat decent paying job.

I really would like to come back to Japan. I really want to come back to see Hiroshima, Tokyo Disneyland, the Cherry Blossom Festival, and some sumo would be nice too. Japan overall I really enjoyed and I think that it was a really nice last port. It was relaxing and nice not to do any really big SAS trips. Katie and I had a blast just handing out in Kyoto and Kobe.

0 Responses