Adios Cadiz!


We woke up this morning and left the boat around 0930 and went to Plaza de Juan de dios. In all of the plazas in Spain there is free wi-fi. It is pretty nice. I bought the rest of my postcards and some other gifts for people. Jennifer, Rosario and I camped out at the little café. They used skype while I wrote my postcards. Jennifer wasn’t done uploading pictures to facebook so Rosario and I left her at the café and we went to find the post office to mail our cumulative total of 34 postcards. So you should feel special if you get one.
We met back up with Jennifer and went to the local market in search of Churos. Sadly, we found out that churos are only offered in the morning and around dinnertime. So Rosario settled for some ice cream.
We wandered through the market and back to Plaza de Flores and decided to have some lunch. We sat down at this little café so that we could enjoy the music being played by this street musician (whose CD I ended up buying). It turned out that the café we sat down at only served tapas (kind of like appetizers). They had a special going where we could get three tapas and 2 drinks for 10 euro. So we planned to eat the tapas and then move down to the next café and have more paella, but we were full.
We went back through Plaza de Flores. Jennifer and I wanted to get our last gelato, but they were out of chocolate. Sorry Dad, I didn’t get a gelato that gelato, but I did get ice cream! We also made a pit stop at the grocery store so get snacks for the ship.
On our way back to the ship, we stumbled upon a street artist that some other SAS students were looking at. They were beautiful. We all ended up getting one. They are about poster signed and hand painted on canvas. He only charged us 10 euro because we were students. I ended up getting a painting I had looked at the other day, but passed because he was charging 45 euro. So he gave a really good deal.
We were going to head back to the ship, but we some how ended up at the beach. It was so hot! Rosario wanted to get into the water, but she was wearing jeans. Since we were in Europe at a beach and there were topless women everywhere, she took off her jeans and made her shirt into a dress. It actually looked pretty cute and she ended up walking back to the ship in her new shirt/dress.
We made it made back to the ship about 5. I was surprised that everyone made it back onto the ship and no one to my knowledge got dock time. We had dinner out on deck 6. Then movie time! Jennifer, Rosario and I piled into the cabin and watched Just Friends. We took a break half way through the movie to watch us depart Cadiz. We finished the movie and then just set around and chatted and caught up. The ship is really really rocky. Rosario got seasick and she passed out. It was so rocky that I almost fell into the shower while I was brushing my teeth.

0 Responses