Just Another Day At Sea


I worked with Mario this morning and helped lay out a little bit more of our C-SI program that we are putting on for the Career Services. It should be pretty good if we can actually get people to participate, but isn’t that always the challenge? Nothing too exciting happened in my first class. We went over a little bit about Spain and Morocco’s economy and such. I had lunch with some people from class and then we all went our separate ways.
I tried to do some of my reading and I managed a little bit my sitting up on 7, but then the weather turned really nice and I got distracted. Randomly, there was a sailboat behind us for a while today during lunch. That was weird considering we are somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. I think the noon announcement said that there were some islands about 100 miles away that were part of Portugal, but 100 miles is still a long way in a sailboat and it wasn’t that big of one either.
After my last class, I went back to Mario’s office and finalized a few things and then headed back to the cabin to work on the newsletter. I got most of it done before I went to dinner with Olivia. We headed back up to 7 and brought some cards and played speed and wagon wheel in the beautiful weather. Some of the guys were playing soccer and that was interesting to watch. They have the starboard side of the ship made into kind of a net box so you don’t have to worry about losing any of the equipment overboard. The only downside is that the area is really small so it is a bit hard to maneuver.
I had a meeting at 2100 for the Voyage Book, which is basically like the voyage yearbook that the alumni association pays for everyone to get a copy. I was chosen to be part of the staff so that’s exciting. When the meeting was over, it was snack time so there were a bunch of people in dinning hall. I ran into Mackenzie and we had a brief meeting about one of group projects. Rosario and Olivia and went out on the deck and I tried to find a place to camp out for the night, but I was unsuccessful. We are planning to sleep on the deck on Friday night so we can wake up to Spain on Saturday morning. They were showing Aladdin tonight (Ebonee I totally thought of you) so of course I had to watch. And that really just sums up another day at sea.

0 Responses