Adventures in the Souks


I woke up early this morning and grabbed some breakfast before heading out to Casablanca. Olivia, Kate, Carley and I headed out and sat at little café before the souks opened. When we were crossing the street to get back to the souks, a man asked us if we were from the ship. When we said yes he said “You come from Spain and you are going to Ghana!” He got so excited and introduced himself as Abdul (not the same one from dinner) and he proceeded to be our tour guide around the souks. Olivia and Kate were on a mission for bags so he took us from shop to shop until we found something we wanted. He showed us around for a good 2 hours or so. We finally had to say goodbye to explore on our own, but that was not the last time we saw Abdul. He popped up randomly throughout the souks all day. One of the last times we saw him, Olivia took a picture with him. He asked her to mail it to him, so she got his address. We spent the rest of the day buying this and that. I picked up a few things for some of you lucky people at home.
Later in the day, when we were trying to find something to, which we never did because everything was closed because of Ramadan, we stumbled upon an internet café. I talked to Mom and Dad and let Olivia call her parents. Afterward, we headed back to the ship a little early to avoid getting dock time. We grabbed some dinner, watched movies and said goodbye to Morocco.

DAD: I did find Rick’s café and I have a picture of it, but I did not eat there. It was way overpriced and there was no Sam to play me a song at the piano.

0 Responses