HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY DULANEY!!!


I had my second first day of classes. I had my intro to international business and international management. My first class wasn’t until 1045, but Rosario and I still got up at 0815 and ran up to breakfast. I am so glad that they have cereal and milk, even though their milk tastes a little sweeter then I am used to.
My Intro to International Business is going to be interesting. It is a lower level business course and there are about 25 people in my class. My other class, international Management, is with the same professor in the same classroom. It only has 13 people in it. While in class we signed up for out FDPs (Faculty Directed Practica). I ended up not having to go to the Nike Factory in Vietnam, but I had to add a “Sugar Adventure” while we are in Mauritius. Apparently that follows the history of sugar around the world from Africa to the Caribbean. It also looks at how Rum has made an impact globally.
My professor seems really cool and laid-back. This is also her first time teaching on SAS. She is willing to work with us on test dates and due dates if we feel like we have too much on our plate at some point. Also, she wants us to share our experiences even if they have nothing to do with the class. The first day in International Management we just sat around chatting about where everybody is from and asking each other questions. We barely had time to go over the syllabus.
We had a lot of time to kill yesterday so Rosario, Olivia and I gathered in the piano lounge and played a rousing game of Uno and I taught Rosario how to play Wagon Wheel.
We are all going a little bit stir crazy. I just think that knowing there is nowhere to escape, except into the ocean, kind of messes with you. We are still 4 days from Spain…booo.

0 Responses