Spain Tomorrow!!


We arrive in Spain Tomorrow!! Actually as I write this we are 10 hours away from docking. I am so excited.  We had class as usual today. I wish I could have my professor here back at Western. I would take all my classes with her. It really isn’t a lecture it’s more of a group discussion. Even though we basically discussed the same thing in each class, we had two totally different perspectives. I really liked.
Mario and I worked on the calendar for all of our programs, but we ended up getting sidetracked by trying to plan trips to Hong Kong Disneyland. We headed up to dinner and then went up to the 7th deck to enjoy the sun. I was really excited because it was the first night we have had since the first night where we would have had a good sunset, but we didn’t see it because they stuck us in a logistical preport for 394875 hours. They went over the stupid green sheet (which has all of our field trip info, addresses for the part, US Embassy and Consulate, and just basically info we should know) about 4 times. Then they showed us this alcohol video to try and get us to drink responsibly while in port. It is called Haze and has to do with the Chi Psi pledge death at CU-Boulder. It was interesting to see the reaction of the 50 or so Colorado students that are here. Some had seen it before, but many hadn’t. While I understand the point of the video is to get people to not drink, I really hate watching those because the Greek system gets blamed for everything. I realize that hazing happens on some campuses, but it does not just happed at fraternities. Many student organizations haze such as sport teams or club teams or even debate teams. But anyway, that is a whole different topic. The video was really graphic, but I think that was kind of the point.
After an hour and a half we were finally allowed to leave. I ran to the cabin and dropped some stuff off and then ran back up to the smaller dinning room for snack time! Snack time is ridiculous. The line starts forming 10 minutes before the food is even set out. It’s not that this food is even that good. Usually, it is PB&J and some sort of other sandwich (tonight it was tuna) and then some desserts, but nothing worth eating. After the voyage, I am pretty sure I will never look at a PB&J sandwich the same. Rosario and I watched Brother Bear and we are calling it a night early because we are getting up to watch us dock in Spain, which happens about 0630.

0 Responses